Friday, January 23, 2009

Y = (Q+R) (Q+R) = QR + RQ

So, lovely people, I have been snuck [well, not so secretly snuck as I walked in casually] into Kyleman's engineering seminar, which is quite exciting for someone in art.

Actually I don't really understand it, especially since the TA seems to have little or no confidence or voice and yet gets upset when people talk when no one can really hear him aside from these two brownnosers [I've been informed that they are indeed brownnosers; I can spot a brownnoser from a mile away regardless] who seem to be answering equations [see entry title]. Another reason of my not understanding is because there are all these equations going up that seem to have no numbers whatsoever but instead are just comprised of letters so really I have no idea what C or D or A right down to Z really are equivalent to other than the letters before and after B. And what does B equal? B is equal to B, that's what. Kyle just read over my shoulder and instead of explaining it to me, just chuckled. Thanks a lot. Now he's reading over my shoulder about reading over my shoulder and has decided to give me a history lesson.

This is apparently polylimerical algebra. Oh no, bullion....no wait. Boolean [my name for it was better]; named after this guy named George Boole.

And that was the end of my history lesson. He deferred me to the Wikipedia page.

But let me give you an example of a question going on right now [or atleast is up on the board]:

4-3. Change the gate in problem 4-2 to a NOR gate, and simplify the circuit using Boolean algebra.

What's the answer? I have no idea. It's just like being back in grade 11 math: I'm clueless.

No comments: