Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the remix to your techno beat.

Today Luck was a tricky little bugger [I do not refer to Luck as Lady Luck because really, Luck to me is more of a Puck-type figure in my mind and therefore definately not a lady] since when I showed up to my first and only class of the day - it was cancelled. Well then.

So instead I got textbooks - and what big textbooks they are! Mostly 19th century "serial novels," two of which are over 900 pages, one that doesn't look that bad and one they didn't have yet alongside two relatively moderate Modern Architecture books. It was my cheapest semester yet.

I did, however, follow one of my goals to start Bleak House, one of the 900 page books I picked up today [I am now at page 30], and spent a good two hours sitting in the library reading until I had to go meet the great Shakespeare Gang; which was glorious as always.

And speaking of the Shakespeare Gang, Nicole, probably my favourite blogger out there and luckily one of my friends let me make an appearance on her blog in the form of some book reviews and even let me break the boundaries and write about 3 books. Hurrah!

Earlier today when I had first got home and was settling into my room again a Miracles song started plating, which made me think, it would be lovely to listen to this genre of music [The Miracles, Temptations, Supremes, Chiffon, Bobby Darin, Buddy Holly, Drifters and Tommy Roe, etc.] for awhile. I'm going to make a playlist. Which I did - it's amazing how many songs I found that I thought fit into the genre, and how I determined which bands to put it or not. For example, Herman's Hermits did not make the cut - they're too 60s rock and would be classified more as Brit Rock and with early Beatles; it's the same with The Zombies and The Kinks. Sonny and Cher are close but too 60s rock.

Although I did put the Partridge Family, who I believe were more of the 70s. Oh well.

Homemade shortbread cookies were also consumed over the course of the night.
They were delicious.

No comments: