Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Tonight my lovely roommate Sonia and I decided to change the world. Actually two boys who came to our door made us decide to change the world. Normally I barely let door-to-door people talk much/I won't answer the door but these two lovely gentlemen from Plan Canada asked us to sponsor a child and we just couldn't say no, especially since I've wanted to do something like this for a while; and because I don't stay in Guelph through the summer I am unfit to be a Big Sister.

So Sonia and I are now proud pseudo-mothers of Selvin Hose of Honduras. Who, really, reminds me of my little brother [who I believe is around the same age] and probably is why my heart melted slightly.

Really? $1 a day = .50 cents per Sonia and I a day = roughly $35 a month = a reason to cut down on my caffeine intake at school and, you know, the cream cheese danishes I love so much.

A.T basically FREAKED on us when he got home, saying, "I LEAVE YOU TWO ALONE FOR AN HOUR AND YOU SPONSOR A CHILD!"

It made me giggle.

No comments: