Wednesday, January 7, 2009

acetophenomin

For the first little while that I woke up this morning, today just seemed like a day where staying in bed seemed like a great idea. A brilliant idea actually. And then I looked outside and saw the snow falling in that really pretty way that snow will fall when it's between a blizzard and barely any at all, and it made me want to just go stand out in it.

Which is probably half the reason why I now feel so energized about getting ready [if only I could decide what shirt to wear] and going outside [besides, it's only -1: one of my favourite temperatures]. Plus, I have a date with Nicole [and possibly the others of the 'Shakespeare Gang'] that I cannot break!

Unlike yesterday [which while not being too overall bad, was just excruciatingly long and therefore horrible: 10am to 10pm of class, people, is definitely not my thing] I have somewhat high hopes of today, if only for the day to end reasonably well [and early] with enough time for me to start reading Bleak House by Charles Dickens for my History of Literary Production class and perhaps finish Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. And hot chocolate, hot chocolate is always lovely.

I feel like my problem this semester will be the fact that [unless my History of L.P. books completely fascinate me] I will get distracted by all these books I have cozening up together in my bookcase - two of them being other Chuck Palauhniuk books and now that I've discovered him, there will be no stopping my appetite for him [it's happened before, sad but true: Mordecai Richler, Robertson Davies, Margaret Atwood, Douglas Coupland, Teresa Medeiros, each devoured mercilessly by me in a rampage of need.

I get like that sometimes.

No comments: