Sunday, January 4, 2009

ABBA

ABBA is actually an acronym: Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid, the four people that are ABBA.

After writing my short picture post before this, I realized I wasn't completely done and decided to write another [I do things like that sometimes].

Have you ever listened to an extensive amount of Bee Gees? Some of their albums make you think of the Beatles, not disco.

I've been back at school for just over 24 hours now and I haven't unpacked yet. I should have started earlier but you know, whenever K-man leaves, the first few hours/night afterwards I inwardly have to adjust to being quite on my own - and can never get anything truly productive done [aside from feeding myself] and thus, I have not unpacked aside from my new iPOD stereo, laptop and external hard drive. And maybe a shirt. Well, his shirt. My latest ritual is making him leave me a shirt to wear incessantly and wear all the smell of him out of it until I have to exchange it for a fresh, Kyle-smelling one. I'm a girl, what can I say?

I am not that productive when I need to be.

One of my favourite things about beds is when they're all messy with lots of blankets and pillows on them, that's when I think they look the most comfortable - when they look rumpled and lived in, like someone's had a good sleep, a good time, a good snuggle with a good stuffed animal, that's when a bed looks most comfortable to me. I've made sure my bed in Guelph looks this way, and now my one at home.

Who needs a made bed?

I love the song 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover by Simon and Garfunkel. It was first given to me by Finnegan, a lovely boy who knows something about Simon and Garfunkel.

On the opposite end of the pole, Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill is also brilliant; very emo, but quite lovely and delicate all at the same time.


It's now time to climb into my perfectly rumpled bed [class tomorrow morning, don'cha kno'] and sleep - even though I still feel like there are a million thoughts ramming themselves through my head in a very illogical pattern since I can't seem to keep any of them long enough to show them to you.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Haha a bed/music fusion post! These topics ARE best discussed side by side.