Friday, December 5, 2008

Stella

One of my biggest problems this weekend is that I forgot my journal in which I had written all my essay workshop comments in, at my house in Guelph. So I barely remember what was recommended to fix and focus on. I guess I'm going to have to guess for now and then fix it when I can look at my notes.

Essays and I have a love/hate relationship. If it's something I'm interested in and usually once I start writing my essay and I have a good relationship. If I'm not that interested and am having trouble starting it or writing it then I hate it and we are not friends. We won't talk, it'll send me chocolates and I'll ignore them. That's how angry we get with each other.

That hate part is also very detrimental to my concentration levels [alongside my grandfather who keeps trying to show me things on the tv even though I have headphones on and all attempting to read websites on naturalism in literature] and I keep getting distracted or thinking I need things after every three words I've typed.

Maybe I should have gone to the UOIT campus library with Kyle..or maybe not. We wouldn't have gotten any work done.

The good thing is that technically I have a giant intro-ish paragraph I can still somewhat use. Pablo, my semi-lovely, sweater-vest wearing, soon-to-be-ex-prof told us in the workshop that we should begin the essay introducing naturalism and what it is and then go on to connect it with the novels [I think] and THEN make our connections. So I can concentrate on that right now. I'm hoping to finish most of my essay by the end of tomorrow because, really, I won't have time Monday, and Tuesday I really should be spending on reading Othello and preparing for my exam the following day.

Dear Othello,

It's not that I don't like you that I haven't read you. It's just that I'm bad at reading things I'm supposed to for school. It's not your fault - I'm sure you're quite lovely in your own wife-murdering ways; I'm just a bad procrastinator.

Sincerely, Tor.

No comments: