Monday, December 15, 2008

Gilligan

This is my story of the day. It may or may not be exciting but it made me rant a fair bit when I got home:

Today I called in to the local pharmacy to see if I could grab some pills this afternoon so I would have them for Cuba [I forgot the originals at Fort Abraham, my other home], and they said sure and to pick them up in half an hour.

Half an hour, my bum.

When I got there after searching by one lady, it led to the conclusion that there wasn't actually any of my pills in stock.

"Can you come back tomorrow to get them?"
"No, I'm sorry, I can't; I shall be out of the country tomorrow."

So I was told they should be getting them in around 4, so I have to walk back around then to get them. Luckily I'm planning on waiting until Kyle's on his way that way I'll meet him at the bus stop and then force him to walk with me.

Actually it's really not that far. 7 minute walk or less, perhaps.

In other news, my fish, Gilligan, has been set up on my desk and my stepfather has insisted on a pump in his bowl so occasionally little spurts of water end up on my hand. I don't think Gilligan actually likes the pump. His depression comes out more when there's a pump nearby.

True story.

No comments: