Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today was Lovely.

I had a very, very lovely afternoon which was a very lovely ending to the last of my exams. The Shakespeare group [minus one] decided on a downtown adventure to the Redbrick Cafe, a place I had never been to before [it was delightful], and then Nicole and I went to the Bookshelf which I had been dying to do for awhile and came out of very, very satisfied. The rest of my birthday money from my Uncle M was well spent:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
Beautiful Losers - Leonard Cohen
No One Belongs Here More Than You: Stories - Miranda July
Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs - Chuck Klosterman
The Paperbag Princess - Robert Munsch
and a book on Salvador Dali


I'm super excited to read all of them. Well, Look at for the Dali book. I'm thinking I'm going to save them mostly for Cuuuuuuba when I am laying on the beach. I plan to do a LOT of reading while I'm away. I've barely been able to do my own reading in a while. Over the weekend I got to start 1984 by George Orwell. It makes me think of Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale which I now really want to read again. I also really want to reread Cocksure by Mordecai Richler; it's almost an ache.

After the book excursion, we went to the art store and picked up a couple supplies. I came up with an idea for my mother's Christmas present [I've decided i'm going to make her a mini-storybook] and some plastercine type stuff that I've made a duck out of for my step-dad [over the weekend I drew a cartoon of him as a duck] and another little figurine which I cannot name in case my lover reads my blog [which I know he occasionally does] before I can give it to him.

Nicole's and my last destination was Nicole's apartment where we spent the next couple hours colouring in her Disney Princess Colouring Book. Which was awesome because I haven't coloured in a colouring book for a very long time. We also enjoyed lovely girl talk which I always find extremely refreshing with Nicole since we can say basically anything to each other and not shock the other.
All in all, it was a brilliant day. Now all I need to do is think of a story to write and design for my mother. This will be fun.

No comments: