Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Forget the Shoes

I've hit packing fever and have slowly over the last two evenings dragged the suitcases up to my room and have been dropping things in occasionally or when I remember things that I definitely should not forget to bring. I'm finding this method is working quite well for me and by Friday I'm sure I'll be done aside from Kyle's shoes.

Oh yes, I am packing for the boy too. Which is slightly backfiring on me since A) This is his first trip so he has been stalling on giving me things/thinks he can essentially pack Saturday/keeps wanting me to pack slightly ridiculous things to bring on a cruise, for example a thermos [as I clarified to my mum, I don't mean a travel mug, I mean a legit "let me unscrew my thermos cap and pour some soup into it" thermos]. And B) I can't truly pack until I have all his things since I've decided spreading both our clothes over two suitcases will help if one of them gets LOST. I'm such an optimist.

Also today my work day was spend helping students participating in a Heritage Fair more commonly known around here as Historica put together pots I smashed in front of Guy House Tuesday. Believe me, both of these activities are surprisingly fun. Now the biggest part of Historica are all these student projects on display boards that get judged and while the projects are on display, the students rotate around to listen/participate in different museum presentations/activities. Dorky sounding - I know. But awesome.

One of the projects was about suffragette women and had this poster on it:


I love it.

The end.

No comments: